L.A.SWIM CLUB/ U of L PRONGHORN HEAD COACH JOB POSTING
The L.A Swim Club and University of Lethbridge Pronghorn Varsity Swim Team is seeking an experienced individual to fill the full time position of Head Coach for both programs starting September 1, 2012.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, energetic, and enthusiastic, possess a positive personality, b leadership skills, coaching knowledge, qualifications and experience as Head Coach. The LA Swim Club and U of L Varsity Swim teams have a large group of more than 30 athletes who have qualified at a Provincial, Age Group National, Western, CIS and Senior National level. The successful individual will work with both the LA Swim Club and the University of Lethbridge Pronghorn Swim Team. The club and varsity team have close to 200 registered swimmers in competitive and non-competitive Sears I Can Swim programs.
Qualifications / Responsibilities:
· Minimum NCCP level II or higher
· Minimum of five years experience as Head coach and coaching of high performance swimmers
· Coach LA Swim Club Senior group and U of L Pronghorn University Team
· Strong knowledge of the technical and training aspects of competitive swimming and all developmental programs.
· Demonstrate b leadership and communication skills with the swimmers, parents and assistant coaches.
· Possess administrative skills and understand the business aspects of running a competitive and pre-competitive swim club.
· Recruitment and retention of new and existing swimmers
· Hire, supervise, evaluate and mentor competitive group coaches
· Hire a dryland/weight coach
· Create long term goals for both swim teams and evaluate results
· Develop training programs for both competitive and pre-competitive swim programs, organize training camps and swim meets, create and implement schedules, and conduct practices
· Must possess swimming expertise, be highly organized, have leadership skills, the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, and must be results driven.
· Must have knowledge of of Hy-Tek Team Manager and be confident with all aspects of this software
· Attend competitions as set out for the meet season for both swim teams
· Prepare budget on an annual basis, annual pool bookings for all swimming programs, develop and update club manual, develop and update coaching staff manual, review and approve coaches time sheets and expenses and meet write ups for local papers
· Place bid for the swim meets and assist with home meets
· (well experienced with MS office, email correspondence, and document presentation)
· Provide monthly/yearly reports to club executive Uof L Pronghorn Athletics
· Consistent and regular communication with swimmers, parents, and board executive
· Club development, provide direction to LASC board/U of L Athletics, attend monthly board meetings and report to board/UofL Pronghorn Athletics on club operation (administrative, swimming and financial)
· Assist with and attend U of L Pronghorn Athletics Fundraising events
· Organize equipment order for both swim teams
· Organize registration at the start of each swim season
· Prepare media releases and update website postings
The L.A.Swim Club offers a competitive compensation package with a full range of benefits.
Interested candidates should submit:
Resume with cover letter including all coaching background and education
Copy of proof of NCCP certification if any
Three references with current contact information
Closing deadline for applications is Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
Please send resume and pertinent qualifications to:
L.A. Swim Club
Attn: Bozana Sljuka, LASC President
4401 University Drive West
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.