This posting is for up to 10 Casual Ongoing, Part-time positions
Do you enjoy helping other adults become ber swimmers? The City of Edmonton is looking for Swim trainers to coach adult swim programs at various City of Edmonton facilities. The City offers a variety of Swim Programs throughout the year, although this position will predominantly coach general drop-in swim training. If you're a positive leader with an interest in helping individuals meet and exceed their Aquatic Fitness goals then we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities of a Swim Trainer include:
· Working with Adult learners across various age groups
· Developing challenging workouts for a variety of swimming levels
· Providing meaningful feedback on stroke technique
· Maintaining a welcoming and inviting presence within the group
· Ensuring all participants have a positive experience despite swimming level
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Talent Hub
· National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level 1 or Skills Coach
· Current and valid CPR "C" certificate
· Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques employed in coaching swimming
· Ability to apply positive customer service principles
· Experience coaching adults and a background in competitive swimming would be considered assets
· An original Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check issued within the past 6 months that is satisfactory to the employer will be required before starting in the position. The new hire will be required to obtain this check from Edmonton Police Service. Please note, this may take up to 3 weeks to process
· Applicants will be required to arrange their own transportation and where appropriate will be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy. This may require the applicant to obtain business use auto insurance
Hours of Work: Up to 20 hours per week, Monday - Sunday, shifts vary depending on programming schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
Salary Range: 81M, Salary Grade: 002, $25.20 - $33.60 (Hourly)
Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
Use our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.
Applicants applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.